This is the Corn chowder with Holiday salsa recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Homemade salsa
- 1 seeded and diced tomato
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen corn kernels
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1 can (398 mL) creamed corn no salt added
- 1 1/4 (310) Canadian Monterey Jack grated
- Freshly ground pepper
Mix all salsa ingredients and let rest at room temperature.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add corn kernels and cook 3–4 minutes.
Combine flour with a bit of broth and then add the remaining broth. Pour into saucepan along with creamed corn.
Bring to a boil, then let simmer until thickened.
Melt half of Monterey Jack in chowder. Season to taste.
Serve in cups, garnishing with salsa and remaining Monterey Jack.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 206 mg|
|Vitamin C:||35 %|