This is the Cottage Cheese Pasta recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 4 cups (1 L) short pasta
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) tomato sauce or 1/3 cup (80 mL) pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Provolone
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook pasta al dente according to instructions on package.
Set oven to broil.
Meanwhile, in an oven-proof casserole, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the ground beef and cook through completely, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Stir in tomato sauce, olives and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, add cooked pasta and Cottage cheese. Sprinkle with Provolone and place under broiler.
Canadian Ricotta is a savoury alternative to Cottage Cheese, while Canadian Gouda, Swiss or Mozzarella can be used instead of Provolone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||31 % / 342 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||117 %|