This is the Cottage Scones with Spiced Pumpkin recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) multi-grain flakes
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) homemade or store-bought pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Canadian Cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC).
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix pumpkin purée, Cottage cheese, milk and butter. Pour into centre of dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until combined.
Shape dough into a disc and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cut into 8 equal wedges.
Bake in oven 25 minutes or until scones are golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mozzarella, Monterey Jack.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 139 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||54 %|