This is the Country Quiche (Cooking Club Size) recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 4 cups (1 L) diced cooked ham, chicken or turkey
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped cooked vegetables
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green onions
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss or Cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Divide breadcrumbs over bottom of two well-buttered 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dishes. Scatter ham, cooked vegetables, green onions and Canadian Swiss cheese between the two pans.
Beat together eggs, milk, salt and cayenne pepper until well blended. Divide evenly between the two pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until egg mixture is just set. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into rectangles and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Cooking Club Tip:Cool, then refrigerate to firm up (to make cutting easier). Divide into portions, label with recipe name, date and cooking instructions. Reheat to serve hot, warm or at room temperature.