The filling is baked when the tip of a knife blade inserted in centre of crisp comes out hot.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 45 min - 55 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 10 pears cored, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) wedges
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp (40 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange peel (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) allspice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold butter cubed
: Place lemon juice in large bowl. Stir in pears, then cranberries.
In separate bowl, stir brown sugar with cornstarch, orange peel and cinnamon. Gradually, stir in unwhipped cream until blended. Toss Cream mixture with fruit until combined. Turn into a 10-inch (25 cm) baking dish; place dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips.
: In medium bowl, combine oatmeal, sugar, flour and allspice until blended. Using your fingers, blend in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 45 to 55 min or until fruit is hot and bubbly and topping is deep golden brown. If topping browns too quickly during baking, cover loosely with foil. Let stand about 15 min before serving. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 81 mg|
|Vitamin A:||18 %|
|Vitamin C:||19 %|