There are a few essential things that go into these soups that aren’t in their lists of ingredients: honesty, purity, wholesomeness, and a healthy dash of farm wisdom.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 36 min
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) beets peeled and diced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken or vegetable broth no salt added
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 apple finely diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Canadian Feta crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh dill chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook vegetables for 5 minutes.
Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25–30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Puree using a hand or upright blender. Serve soup garnished with apple, Feta, parsley and dill.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 126 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|
|Vitamin C:||19 %|