This is the Cream Cheese-Filled Carrot and Bran Muffins recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375) wheat bran
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated carrots
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) softened butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 - 5 oz (130 - 150 g) Canadian Cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) jam your choice
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with carrots.
In another bowl, beat butter with sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ones. Stir until combined.
Line a muffin tray with paper or silicone liners. Spoon dough into bottom of muffin moulds. Spread some Cream cheese and a spoonful of jam in the centre of each muffin mould. Cover cheese and jam completely with remaining dough.
Bake in centre of oven for 25–30 minutes or until muffins are golden and hold their shape when top is gently pressed.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 119 mg|
|Vitamin A:||18 %|