Cream of Roasted Red Pepper
A delicious and beautiful beginning.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- 2 jars (11 oz /340 mL each) roasted red bell peppers (340 mL jars)
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Aged Cheddar or Canadian Asiago cheese grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Sauté onion, garlic and carrots. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 7 min.
Add tomato sauce, drained, chopped peppers and broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. Remove from heat and process in 2 batches in the food processor until fairly smooth.
Pour soup through a sieve, back into the saucepan pressing with the back of a spoon to extract all the liquid. Return soup to medium heat, stir in cream and orange juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix together parsley, garlic and orange peel and sprinkle a tsp over each bowl and top with a little grated cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 125 mg|
|Vitamin A:||86 %|
|Vitamin B6:||15 %|
|Vitamin C:||152 %|