This is the Creamy Herb Dip recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely-chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely-chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill weed
- Seasoned salt
Beat Canadian Cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in yogurt or sour cream. Stir in onion, parsley and dill. Add seasoned salt to taste. Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
Serve with assorted crisp vegetables or crackers for dipping.
Omit parsley and dill weed. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared horseradish, 3/4 tsp (3 mL) Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) drained, flaked crab meat or finely-chopped cooked shrimp.
Makes about 2 cups (500 mL).