By Stefano Faita
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Creamy oatmeal
- 1 cup (250 mL) steel cut oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- of salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg freshly grated
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) yogurt for topping oatmeal
- of nutmeg freshly grated, for garnishing
- Banana-nut topping
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) slivered almonds toasted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) crushed banana chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Bring water to a boil over medium high heat. Add milk. When it comes to a simmer, add oats and salt. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. If you like your oatmeal with a little texture, simmer for 10 minutes. If you like it creamier, simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla extract, freshly grated nutmeg and mashed banana. Transfer oatmeal to 4 serving dishes. Top with yogurt, Banana-Nut Topping and freshly grated nutmeg.
Combine slivered almonds, crushed banana chips, brown sugar and melted butter.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 317 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||50 %|