This dish will make a great appetizer as a first course or an excellent 'starch' on a main course dish. Serve this creamy dish in deep pasta bowls with your favourite grilled fish, poultry or meat.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Old Cheddar cheese
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Blue cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pine nuts
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large pot of boiling water, cook orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat; cook garlic and onions, for about 3-4 minutes or until onions are softened. Add wine and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add orzo to the cream sauce; stirring constantly bring to a simmer. Stir in chopped chives, Canadian Cheddar and Blue cheeses. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 247 mg|
|Vitamin A:||36 %|