This dish will make a great appetizer as a first course or an excellent 'starch' on a main course dish. Serve this creamy dish in deep pasta bowls with your favourite grilled fish, poultry or meat.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Old Cheddar cheese
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Blue cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pine nuts
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot of boiling water, cook orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat; cook garlic and onions, for about 3-4 minutes or until onions are softened. Add wine and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add orzo to the cream sauce; stirring constantly bring to a simmer. Stir in chopped chives, Canadian Cheddar and Blue cheeses. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 247 mg|
|Vitamin A:||36 %|