Here's a recipe for succulent crepes, stuffed with chicken and asparagus, and covered in a creamy rosé salsa sauce. Once prepared, the crepes are sprinkled with a generous quantity of Monterey Jack or your favourite cheese. To brighten up your weekday dinners, these crepes are sure to do the trick!
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breasts or chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) tomato sauce no salt added
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 18 % cream or 35 % cream (for cooking)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of asparagus trimmed
- 8 large (7-inch/18 cm) crepes homemade or stored-bought
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Monterey Jack shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh coriander coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
In a deep skillet, melt butter on medium heat and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken strips and cook 4,5 min. Add tomato sauce, salsa and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 7–10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
Spread crepes out on work surface, then divide chicken and asparagus among crepes. Roll up crepes and place in a lasagna dish. Pour the sauce over crepes and sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Brown in the oven, then garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
For a homemade crepe batter recipe, go to allyouneedischeese.ca/crepesdujour
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 353 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||48 %|