Serve this bright and refreshing salad with fresh bread or grilled pita.
- Prep: 15 min
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) strips grilled chicken or cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Old Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) thinly sliced red onion
In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonaise, lemon juice, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Add cauliflower, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, cheese and red onion. Toss gently to coat. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
If you prefer gently cooked vegetables instead of raw, blanch the cauliflower and broccoli in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain well and let cool before adding to salad. Or, use frozen vegetables. Just thaw, drain well and pat dry.
Try this salad with any of your favourite Canadian cheeses: Try Provolone, Swiss or Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 278 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||32 %|
|Vitamin C:||92 %|