This recipe is taken from the 1998 Milk Calendar. This is the Crustless Country Quiche recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked ham or chicken or turkey diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped cooked vegetables
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cheddar or Canadian Swiss cheese shredded
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Sprinkle bread-crumbs over the bottom of a well-buttered 13 x 9 inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish. Scatter ham, cooked vegetables, green onions and Canadian Cheddar cheese in pan.
In bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and cayenne pepper just until blended. Pour over ham mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes or until egg mixture is just set. Do not over-bake. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
To serve, cut into rectangles.
Feel free to improvise by using your favourite ingredients or make the most of your leftovers. -James Barber
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 263 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||49 %|