This is the Curried Lentil Soup with Havarti recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 diced stalks celery
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) canned lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry paste or curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti or jalapeño-flavoured Havarti cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coarsely chopped fresh coriander
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté celery, onions, carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes or until onions are softened. Add lentils, stock, milk and curry. Bring just a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20, 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Transfer soup, in batches, to blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings. To serve, place cheese in each bowl of soup, ladle soup and garnish with coriander.
Suggestion: This is a great way to serve up legumes to children who are picky eaters.Soup can also be served unblended.
Note: As cheese is added just before serving, soup can be made ahead and reheated. Soup can also be frozen.
For a change of taste, use Canadian Gouda, Cheddar, Mozzarella or Provolone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||32 % / 352 mg|