Hot new taste trend: Cheeses made for grilling
More and more Canadian cheese makers are creating traditional cheeses like Queso Fresco, Paneer and Halloumi. If you haven’t discovered them yet, it’s time to find out how delicious and versatile they are.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 7 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Halloumi cheese cut into slices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) red grapes quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh basil chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 500 °F (260 °C).
Spread out Halloumi cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Grill in the oven for 5–7 minutes.
Stove top (alternate) cooking method for the Halloumi: heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Grill the Halloumi, for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the cheese turns a light golden brown. Cut grilled Halloumi into cubes.
In a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients, toss and serve with the grilled Halloumi.
Delicious Canadian Cheese alternatives: Paneer, Queso Fresco
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 196 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||22 %|