Hot new taste trend: Cheeses made for grilling
More and more Canadian cheese makers are creating traditional cheeses like Queso Fresco, Paneer and Halloumi. If you haven’t discovered them yet, it’s time to find out how delicious and versatile they are.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 7 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Halloumi cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) red grapes quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh basil chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 500 °F (260 °C).
Spread out Halloumi cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Grill in the oven for 5–7 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients, toss and serve with the grilled Halloumi.
Delicious Canadian Cheese alternatives: Paneer, Queso Fresco
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 196 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||22 %|