This is the Curry Me Brie Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mild curry powder
- 4 slices of naan bread
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) mango chutney
- 6 oz (180 g) Damafro Brie thinly sliced while chilled; discard the end cuts that contain the most rind
- 1 ripe pear skinned, seeded, and sliced thinly
In a small bowl, mix butter and curry powder together. Spread half of butter on one side of 2 slices of naan bread. Place 1 naan butter-side down in large non-stick skillet or panini press. Spread 2 tbsp (30 ml) mango chutney and place 1/2 sliced Brie then 1/2 sliced pear on naan. Cover with second naan, butter-side up.
Cook first side over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown. Using a spatula, flip carefully. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
Wipe skillet with paper towel and repeat instructions for second sandwich. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Half a sandwich=1 portion.
Cut sandwiches into smaller pieces once they have cooled a little and pass them as hors d’œuvres.