Cherry tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, green grapes and red onions add wonderful colour to this curry rice salad served with a garnish of Sharp Cheddar. The resulting harmony of colours and textures creates a delicious main dish salad that’s ready in no time.
- Prep: 25 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked Basmati rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Sharp Cheddar diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Toss rice with fruit and vegetables.
In a bowl, combine curry powder, oil and vinegar. Season. Drizzle dressing on rice mix, and mix to coat well.
Add Canadian Cheddar, toss and serve.
For a milder version, try replacing curry powder with Herbes de Provence or add raisins, diced apples, nuts, etc.—whatever your imagination thinks up!
Canadian Gouda, Feta, Havarti and Mozzarella are all fine alternatives to the suggested Sharp Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 202 mg|
|Vitamin C:||64 %|