This is the Curry Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp (90 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
In saucepan, sauté green onions in butter. Stir in flour and curry powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and add sugar and ginger.
Gradually stir in dissolved chicken broth and milk. Bring to boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer while stirring, about 10 min until sauce thickens. Add lemon juice and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
Perfect to serve with chicken, fish or vegetables.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 81 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||11 %|
|Vitamin D:||14 %|