Fill a cookie sandwich with a rich, decadent chocolate mousse for an easy, but heavenly dessert.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min - 2 h
- 4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated orange zest
- 12 bakery-style cookies or homemade cookies
In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot, not boiling water, melt chocolate and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the cream; stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
In a chilled bowl, combine remaining cream, icing sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest. Whip until soft peaks form. Fold one-quarter into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until blended. Chill until set, for about 30 min or up to 2 hrs.
Spoon one-sixth of the mousse onto 6 of the cookies; top with remaining cookies, pressing gently to form sandwiches. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hrs.
For the Adventurous: Replace vanilla extract with orange or chocolate liqueur.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 33 mg|
|Vitamin A:||15 %|
|Vitamin B12:||5 %|