As seen in "5 ingredients 15 minutes" - December 2021 edition
This recipe for creamy macaroni and cheese topped with pulled pork is a snap to prepare for a weekday hit.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 26 minutes
- 750 ml (3 cups) Macaroni
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Canadian butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 625 ml (2½ cups) 2% Canadian milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) Italian blend shredded cheese, made from Canadian milk
- 1 package (400 g) Pulled pork with sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) Panko breadcrumbs
- 8 pre cooked bacon strips, chopped (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain.
Melt the butter in the same pot over medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
Pour in the milk and bring to a boil, whisking. Add the cheese and stir until it has melted.
Return the pasta to the pot, then add half the pulled pork. Stir gently.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the rest of the pulled pork. Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with bacon, if desired.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Nutritional informationPer serving