This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. Here’s the easiest mousse ever! Plus you can make it year-round since it uses frozen berries.
- Prep: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 3 h
- 1 pkg (425 g) frozen whole raspberries in light syrup thawed
- 1 pkg (425 g) frozen sliced strawberries in light syrup thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2 pouches (1/4 oz/7 g) unflavoured gelatin
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract or vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream
- Sprigs of fresh mint- optional
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Process berries and their juices in a food processor or blender until smooth; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
Pour the lemon juice and orange juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over top. Let stand 5 min until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin completely dissolves. Stir into berry mixture.
Refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until partially set, stirring occasionally.
Beat cream with sugar and almond extract until soft peaks form. Fold into partially set fruit mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses or a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until set.
Before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and fresh mint.