This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Easy Double Chocolate Banana Snack Cake recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 45 min - 50 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mini chocolate chips
- Icing sugar
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Add milk, banana, butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat with a fork until well blended, about 2 min. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into buttered 9-inch (23 cm) square cake pan. Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 45 to 50 min or until done.
Cool completely. To serve, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 34 mg|