This is the Easy-to-Make Chicken and Asparagus Risotto recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 40 min - 50 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 2 3/4 cups (680 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 3 cups (750 mL) asparagus cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped mixed fresh herbs (basil, chives, coriander, parsley, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Heat butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. When melted, add chicken and cook 2 min, then add onion and cook 3 more min or until chicken is nearly cooked. Mix in rice.
Add wine and stir until rice absorbs liquid about 2 to 5 min. Stir in chicken broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 min. Add asparagus and simmer covered 5 more min.
Uncover, then stir in 1/3 cup (80 mL) cream (liquid should be gently simmering). Stir constantly and wait until cream is absorbed before adding 1/3 cup (80 mL) more cream. Repeat and cook until nearly all cream is absorbed and rice is tender, about 10 more min (risotto should be creamy in texture not soupy).
Stir in Parmesan, herbs, salt and pepper.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 207 mg|
|Vitamin A:||35 %|
|Vitamin B6:||35 %|