This recipe is taken from the 2002 Milk Calendar. A delicious chewy bar packed full of flavour. A great way to start or end the day!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rind
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) raisins
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). Lightly butter or spray 13 x 9 inch (33 x 23 cm) metal baking pan.
:In small bowl, combine walnuts, rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, milk, melted butter, orange rind and vanilla extract. Without stirring, add flour, raisins and oats. Sprinkle with baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir just until moistened.
Pour into prepared pan; smoothing top. Sprinkle with topping. Bake for 30 min or until tester comes out clean.
Let cool in pan. Cut into bars.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 118 mg|