This is the EGGritos recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) corn kernels frozen or canned
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green bell pepper or red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato salsa
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 6 (6-inch/15 cm) flour tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (90 mL) tomato salsa
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add corn, onion, pepper, 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato salsa, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Over medium-high heat in a 6 inch (15 cm) nonstick skillet, melt 1/2 tsp (2 mL) butter. Pour in 1/3 cup (80 mL) egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, lift edges to allow the uncooked egg to flow under. When omelette is set, slide onto a tortilla. Spread omelette with 1 tbsp (15 mL) salsa.
Roll up. Reheat for each EGGrito. Slice in half or into bit-size pieces. Serve hot or at room temperature.
For lunch bag:Cool EGGritos completely. Wrap separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
To reheat, if desired, remove plastic wrap, roll one EGGrito in a paper napkin and reheat in microwave oven on high 45 to 60 seconds.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving