This impressive-looking canapé requires no cooking, is easy-to-assemble and is full of refreshingly crisp flavour and texture.
- Prep: 20 min
- 4 - 6 white and-or red endives
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw beets grated or julienned
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) small red radishes sliced
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh tarragon or fresh chives chopped
Cut off the stem end of the endives and separate the leaves.
In a bowl, mix beets with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill endive leaves with beet salad and place on a serving platter. Garnish with radishes, Blue cheese and fresh tarragon.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Feta, Sharp Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 49 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||4 %|
|Vitamin C:||5 %|