This is the Endive spears with Bocconcini & salmon recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fennel bulb grated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fennel fronds chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pickled banana peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Bocconcini Pearls
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) fresh skinless salmon fillet
- 24 endive spears or small Boston lettuce leaves
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except salmon and endive spears. Season generously with salt and pepper; marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to several hours.
Using a knife, finely chop the salmon and add to the bowl. Mix well and divide mixture among endive spears. Serve chilled.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Boursin®.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 50 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|
|Vitamin D:||25 %|
|Vitamin E:||13 %|