It’s nice to have a few easy dishes in your repertoire that you know are guaranteed to garner compliments and praise from everyone. This is one of them.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) potatoes quartered
- 3 cups (750 mL) lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) tomatoes diced, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 strips of bacon cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Sharp Cheddar diced or crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) homemade or store-bought ranch dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Milk
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) celery salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Place eggs in a saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes once water begins to boil. Cool eggs quickly in cold water, then shell and quarter them.
Meanwhile, place potatoes in another saucepan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for about 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, cool under cold water and drain once again.
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients then add the eggs. Pour dressing on top and serve.
Homemade ranch dressing
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and milk using a whisk.Add remaining ingredients and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
The dressing can keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Edam, Colby, Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 179 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||26 %|
|Vitamin C:||31 %|