Fairmont Seafood Chowder
This recipe is inspired from the Atlantic Ocean and is so good we designed the recipe to make enough for now and tuck some away in the freezer for a cold day. Perfect to serve with cheddar cheese biscuits, as part of the weekend's brunch or an elegant appetizer for dinner, your seafood loving guests will be forever indebted for this seafood loaded, creamy chowder from the sea!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h 15
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 oz (125 g) double smoked bacon diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced white onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 2 lb (1 Kg) mixed fish and seafood
- (diced salmon, halibut, scallops, or lobster meat, small shrimp, baby clams)
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes diced with skins on
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 cups (2 L) 35 % cream
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp (90 mL) chopped fresh chives
- chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large pot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; stir in bacon, celery, onion and garlic; cook stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft. Add seafood and potatoes; cook stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until reduced by three quarters.
Add cream; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and soup has thickened slightly. Stir in chives, chili flakes and season with salt and pepper.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 140 mg|
|Vitamin A:||65 %|
|Vitamin B12:||74 %|
|Vitamin D:||32 %|