This is the Festive Fondue recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 dry shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/2 lb (225 g) Canadian Gouda cheese shredded
- 1/4 lb (112 g) Canadian Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 lb (112 g) Canadian Swiss cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn starch
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a fondue pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine, cranberries and rosemary and simmer about 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3. Add shredded cheeses and corn starch. Let melt over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon. Add pepper to taste. Serve at once with different breads, but also cured meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts, etc.
For a more kid-friendly alternative, replace white wine with chicken broth or unsweetened apple or white grape juice. Recipe can be prepared in the microwave oven at low intensity.
For tasty alternatives, try this with Canadian Raclette, Provolone or Emmental.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||51 % / 560 mg|
|Vitamin A:||17 %|
|Vitamin B12:||69 %|