Recipe from Bal Arneson
With its trademark zest and tang, crispy fried feta makes a perfectly irresistible appetizer!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking oil
- 1/4 lb (115 g) Canadian Feta cut into ¼˝ (0.5 cm) slices
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a shallow large bowl, combine flour, yogurt, water, paprika, garam masala, salt and pepper.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
Dip each Feta slice in batter and gently place in skillet one at a time, leaving space between slices.
Cook each side for 30–60 seconds or until both sides are golden brown.
Serve with your favourite chutney.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 146 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||23 %|
|Vitamin E:||17 %|