Fig and bacon jam
The perfect gift for all the Canadian cheese lovers in your life. Excellent with robustly flavoured cheeses like Canadian Blue, it pairs equally well with aged, smoked or spiced cheeses.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 bacon slices thinly sliced
- 6 oz (180 g) dried figs finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) water
- 10 oz (300 g) Canadian Blue cheese
- 1 package of lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps® rosemary raisin pecan crackers
- ®lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps is a registered trademark of Lesley Stowe Fine Foods Ltd., used under license.
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a saucepan on medium-high heat, brown bacon until crisp. Remove excess fat.
Add figs, sugar and water.
Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly syrupy and figs are tender.
Pour into a jar and let cool before refrigerating.
Serve as a side dish with Blue cheese and lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps®.
Note: Can also be served as a hot or cold jam.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 210 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||20 %|