The perfect gift for all the Canadian cheese lovers in your life. Excellent with robustly flavoured cheeses like Canadian Blue, it pairs equally well with aged, smoked or spiced cheeses.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 bacon slices thinly sliced
- 6 oz (180 g) dried figs finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) water
- 10 oz (300 g) Canadian Blue cheese
- 1 package of lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps® rosemary raisin pecan crackers
- ®lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps is a registered trademark of Lesley Stowe Fine Foods Ltd., used under license.
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a saucepan on medium-high heat, brown bacon until crisp. Remove excess fat.
Add figs, sugar and water.
Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly syrupy and figs are tender.
Pour into a jar and let cool before refrigerating.
Serve as a side dish with Blue cheese and lesley stowe’s raincoast crisps®.
Note: Can also be served as a hot or cold jam.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 210 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||20 %|