This is the Five-Cheese Quiche recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 pre-cooked (9-inch/23 cm) deep pie crust
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cranberry sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets blanched
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced cooked turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk or 10 % cream
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) allspice
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda cheese
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Brie cheese cut into 8 slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled Canadian Blue cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread cranberry sauce in pie crust. Add onion, garlic, broccoli and turkey.
In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Blend in Ricotta and spices and season generously. Pour mix into pie crust and garnish with shredded Cheddar, Gouda and crumbled Blue.
Cook 20 minutes on centre grill. Set for 10 minutes, then top with Brie slices. Serve hot, warm or cooled.
The quiche recipe can very well be made with only one or a few of the types of cheese mentioned. You could also swap in some Canadian Swiss, Feta, Provolone or Havarti.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 217 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||44 %|
|Vitamin C:||25 %|