This is the Flank Steak with Blueberry and Camembert Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 lb 10 oz (750 g) flank steak
- 2 French shallots chopped
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) veal stock or beef broth
- 1 sprig of fresh or dried thyme to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries thawed and drained
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Camembert diced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). In a large frying pan, heat the oil and melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sear the steaks by cooking them 4 to 5 minutes on each side until the meat is nicely browned. Transfer the meat into an ovenproof dish, salt and pepper generously, and continue cooking in the oven while you prepare the sauce (depending on the desired doneness).
Blueberry and Camembert Sauce:
Sauté the shallots in skillet. Sprinkle the flour over the shallots and continue cooking over medium heat until the flour becomes a golden color. Deglaze with the wine, add the stock and the thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 min until the desired consistency is achieved.
Add the blueberries and camembert, and season to taste. Allow the cheese to melt and serve over the sliced flank steak (be sure to slice the meat against the grain) accompanied by tiny red potatoes and green beans.
Try this recipe with another Canadian cheese: Mozzarella, Gouda, Cheddar, Blue, or St-Paulin, etc.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving