This is the Freezer Cheddar Beef Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 4 lb (2 Kg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped onion
- 3 cans (14 oz / 398 mL each) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine beef and onion. Sauté until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Add tomato sauce, salt and Worcestershire sauce to pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes; stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
Add Canadian Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Cool.
Divide mixture into 4 equal parts and freeze in plastic containers or plastic zipper storage bags.
Thaw and use as needed for Spaghetti Sauce, Chili con Carne or Lasagna.