This is the French Toast Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- French Toast
- 1 loaf of walnut dried cranberry bread
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Camembert (1 wheel)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 15 % cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 oz (60 mL) unsalted butter
- Honey Pepper Roasted Figs
- 8 ripe figs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) wildflower honey or buckwheat honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Port
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) chopped fresh tarragon
Slice walnut bread into 6 x 1/2-inch slices (8 x 1 cm). Whisk eggs together with cream and seasoning. Soak bread in egg mixture for 1 minute on each side.Over medium heat in heavy bottom pan, brown each side of French toast. Slice Canadian Camembert and place on French toast, then top with other piece.
Right before serving, place in a 350 °F (180 °C) oven to melt cheese.
Honey Pepper Roasted Figs:
Cut stems off figs and cut in half. In heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add figs, then gently sauté for 2 minutes. Add honey and Port and reduce by half to syrupy consistency. Finish with cracked pepper and fresh tarragon.
Slice heated sandwich in two and spoon figs and syrup over top.
Nutritional informationPer serving