Fresh Fruit Tartlet with Mascarpone Cream
The great thing is that this dessert looks deceivingly difficult yet it is a dream to make. Whether you finish it with fresh berries for Easter brunch or sautéed apples or pears for Thanksgiving dinner, this dessert looks luscious anytime of the year.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 12 frozen prepared 3-inch (7.5 cm) tart shells
- Mascarpone Cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest or lime zest finely grated
- 1/2 vanilla bean split and beans scraped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- Fresh Berries
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed fresh berries (raspberries/strawberries/blueberries)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dark rum
- Fresh mint
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Prepare tart shells according to package directions. Let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk mascarpone cheese, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla until combined. In a chilled bowl, whip cream until soft peaks; fold very gently into the mascarpone mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
In a medium bowl, combine berries, sugar and rum; let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature.
Spoon Mascarpone Cream mixture evenly into tart shells; top with fresh berries and drizzle some of the juice over the fruit. Garnish with mint.
Try Ice Wine or kirsch for the dark or rum or blueberry or cranberry juice for a non-alcoholic version.
No vanilla bean? Use 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 43 mg|
|Vitamin A:||7 %|
|Vitamin B12:||3 %|
|Vitamin C:||4 %|
|Vitamin D:||4 %|