For a fresh, spring themed dessert, get the kids involved in layering on the tiers of this tantalizing trifle. Don’t be fooled by this dish’s name - whether you serve it morning, noon or night, this classic is always a winner with friends and family alike.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 1 tub (475 g) smooth Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) liquid honey
- 2 cups (500 mL) quartered strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1 banana sliced
- 6 oz (175 g) 1 pkg amaretti cookies
- Fresh mint leaves
In a bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, orange zest and juice, and honey; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries and bananas.
Place one third of the cookies on the bottom of a trifle bowl or 7-cup (1.75 L) flat bottomed bowl. Top with one third of the ricotta mixture and one third of the fruit mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 1 day. Garnish with mint before serving.
The longer the trifle is refrigerated, the softer the amaretti cookies will be.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 148 mg|
|Vitamin C:||55 %|