A popular restaurant selection, easily prepared at home. Place fresh salsa bursting with flavour in a bowl and surround it with garlic toasted baguette. A refreshing taste with each bite!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 2 min - 4 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced tomatoes (about 2)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Canadian Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 24 slices whole wheat baguette 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a serving bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, Canadian Feta and Mozzarella, vinegar, oregano and one clove garlic, minced. Set aside.
Cut remaining garlic in half and rub cut surface on one side of each baguette slice. Place on a baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes, on both sides or until lightly toasted. Spoon salsa on toasted baguette slices and enjoy!
- For optimum flavor, use fresh ripe tomatoes. Remember to store tomatoes at room temperature, away from direct sunlight. A serrated knife makes cutting easier.
For Fun:For a Mexican themed night, omit the oregano and add chopped fresh cilantro, use fresh lime juice instead of red wine vinegar, and turn up the heat with hot sauce or minced jalapeño.
- For a lower fat option select part-skimmed Canadian Mozzarella and light Canadian Feta cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 31 mg|