The refreshing and slightly bitter flavour of a Canadian blonde beer will provide crisp contrast to these sensational little snacks.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Peach-Tandoori Dip
- 1 cup (250 mL) peach diced or mango
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chives chopped
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Oil for frying
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian cheese curds
- 1 cup (250 mL) tempura batter store-bought or prepared (fairly thick)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a blender, purée the peach with lemon juice, tandoori paste, sour cream and chives. Pour into a bowl and reserve.
Fried Cheese Curds
Heat oil on medium-high heat in a deep fryer or saucepan.
Dip cheese curds into tempura batter. Place well-coated cheese curds into hot oil and fry until golden.
Drain on paper towels and serve with the Peach-Tandoori Dip.
The oil used for frying must be very hot, 350- 375 °F (180-190 °C). Fry in small batches and keep warm in a 200 °F (100 °C) preheated oven.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 194 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||12 %|