This is the Fried oyster salad recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) tempura batter mix
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cold sparkling water or Canadian Blonde beer
- 1 Pack (200 g) Canadian Blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 24 fresh oysters shucked and patted dry
- 7 cups (1.75 L) mix of baby leaf lettuce and kale
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh dill coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) canola oil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
To make tempura batter, combine mix with sparkling water in a bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator.
To make dressing, remove half or all of the cheese from its wax rind and place in a bowl. Add cream and stir to break up cheese into large pieces. Mix in chives and season generously with pepper. Adjust amount of cheese to your taste. Set aside at room temperature.
Place oysters on paper towel to remove any remaining moisture.
Meanwhile, combine lettuce and kale mix with cabbage and dill. Divide among 4 plates.
In a deep saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat until deep-fryer thermometer reads 375°F (190°C). Dip oysters in chilled tempura batter. Cook immediately in hot oil for 3–4 min or until golden. Remove from oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Cook 6 oysters at a time.
Top salads with fried oysters and drizzle with Blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.
Did you know? Kefir is known as the champagne of yogurt because of its unique mild effervescence.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Mascarpone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 256 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||702 %|
|Vitamin C:||44 %|