A delicious departure from the classic version, this cheesecake is served frozen, with a fresh strawberry and mint topping.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Freezing: 3 h 30
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- Frozen Cheese Filling
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 8 cups (2 L) strawberry ice cream
- Fresh Strawberries and Mint Topping
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh strawberries cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press crust mixture into a springform pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
In the bowl of a mixer, beat Cream cheese with sugar for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Gradually add strawberry ice cream and mix well. Spread filling evenly on the crust. Freeze for 3 hours
To prepare topping, combine strawberries with maple syrup, mint and pepper in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Unmold frozen cheesecake and serve in wedges with strawberry mint topping.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 179 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|
|Vitamin C:||31 %|