Ask your cooking club members to bring individual oval 'au gratin' dishes. Alternately, these can be wrapped in parchment paper or foil. This dish is best assembled ahead, but cooked at home just before serving.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) julienned carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) julienned zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced shallots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) dried thyme or dried tarragon or chervil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 3 lb (1.5 Kg) sole fillets or another white fish
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Blanch carrots; set aside. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook carrots, zucchini, red pepper and shallots until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine white wine, lemon zest and juice, set aside.
12 individual oval 'au gratin' dishes (or 12 large pieces of parchment paper or foil). Place 4 oz (125 g) of fish fillets in centre of each.
Divide vegetable mixture (about 1/3 cup /75 80 mL each) and place on fish. Divide and sprinkle each with lemon mixture. Sprinkle each with 2 tbsp (30 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese. Wrap tightly and place on rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serve with rice and a green salad.
Cooking Club Tip:Divide packets among club members. Provide cooking instructions (above). Best cooked the same day as assembled.