Change up your usual breakfast routine with a touch of the exotic. The zing of ginger and a touch of honey in the granola works wonderfully with tangy-sweet pineapple; the cinnamon and vanilla in the Cottage cheese add just the perfect sweetness.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) large-flake rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pecans
- 2 cups (500 mL) Cottage cheese
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped fresh or unsweetened canned pineapple
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a small skillet or saucepan, combine gingerroot, honey and water. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until ginger is translucent. Add oats and pecans and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until toasted and dry. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
In a bowl, combine Cottage cheese, cinnamon and vanilla. Divide among 4 serving bowls; top with pineapple and granola.
The granola can be made ahead and stored in a glass jar or cookie tin for up to 3 days. The Cottage cheese mixture can be stirred together and refrigerated overnight ready for quick assembly in the morning.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 158 mg|