This is the Gingerbread Men recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min - 10 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground clove
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plain yogurt
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat butter with brown sugar. Stir in honey, molasses and yogurt. Beat dry ingredients into liquid mixture. Stir until dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
Roll out dough to approx. 1/2- inch thick (1 cm). Cut out 10 little figures with cookie cutter (approx. 5 inches long) or sharp knife. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Let cool. Ask children to decorate cookies with icing, candy, chocolate pieces, dried fruit, etc. Serve with a cold glass of milk.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 43 mg|