This is the Gouda asparagus pesto recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raw almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about ¾ lb – 350 g) cut into 1˝ (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Aged Gouda finely grated
In a food processor, chop almonds and garlic.
Add asparagus and process until finely chopped.
Continue to process while gradually pouring in oil.
Season generously with salt and pepper, and add cheese.
Transfer to a jar and seal with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Note: Use it as an attractive, tasty garnish for soup, on pasta or even spread on a grilled cheese sandwich.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Parmesan, Aged Cheddar.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 55 mg|
|Vitamin E:||18 %|