Recipe from Bal Arneson
The subtly nutty flavour of Gouda is a delicious complement to this sweet and smoky chicken.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 lb (450 g) ground chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (400 g) pineapple drained
- 1 small white onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Feta
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) or preheat grill to medium heat.
In a large bowl, combine chicken with Gouda, garam masala, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
Shape chicken mixture into 8 elongated balls. Thread ball onto a wooden skewer; repeat to make 7 more kebabs.
Place kebabs on a baking sheet and bake for 12–15 min or until cooked.
To make chutney, process pineapple, onion, cumin, chili and Feta together in a food processor. If desired, sprinkle with some crumbled Feta before serving.
Serve kebabs with pineapple chutney dip
Cheese alternatives for kebabs: Canadian Cheddar, Mozzarella or Monterey Jack.
Cheese alternatives for chutney: Diced Canadian Bocconcini, Cheddar or Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 275 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||71 %|
|Vitamin B6:||43 %|