This is the Gouda, Honey & Nut Phyllo recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Place 1 sheet phyllo pastry on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter. Cover with a second and third sheets, buttering between layers. Do not butter top of fourth and last layer.
Garnish with zucchini and nuts. Season and drizzle honey over top of all ingredients. Sprinkle with shredded Havarti cheese and bake on middle oven rack for 10 minutes until pastry is golden and cheese melted. Serve hot or cold.
Canadian Swiss, Mozzarella, Cheddar or Provolone provide interesting alternatives to the suggested Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 56 mg|
|Vitamin A:||3 %|
|Vitamin B12:||11 %|