This is the Gouda meatloaf recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 2 lbs (900 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Gouda cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) old-fashioned mustard divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple jelly
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large bowl, mix beef, onion, breadcrumbs, cheese and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of mustard. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Press mixture into an 8 x 4˝ (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt apple jelly in a small saucepan and stir in remaining mustard. Remove meatloaf from oven and drain cooking juices. Baste top with apple jelly mixture and cook for 15 more minutes.
Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 189 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||145 %|